Friday, June 4, 2010

Freedom Writers by Richard LaGravenese (2007)

thanks to youtube.

The movie "Freedom Writers" by Richard LaGravenese (2007) INSPIRES me as a teacher.

The way in the which the teacher was able to create an environment where these students once felt threatened and territorial to one where they felt FREE to be themselves, to INTEGRATE with one another and share their history and learning.

I am inspired by this movie. I admire the approaches to teaching and education - as the teacher avoids the traditional "text book" ways of teaching and rather creates a place of excitement and learning, a place where the students opinions on learning didnt matter. I have learnt a lot from this movie, mostly I will learn to communicate with the students in my class to truly understand who they are and where they come from, and as a result adjust and modify my teaching to suit the needs of each student.

No comments:

Post a Comment