Friday, June 4, 2010

My Goals for my recent prac:

My Goals:
  • To teach for meaningful understanding. --> This goal was accomplished on my prac, as I encouraged kids to promote knowledge construction for themselves. I did this by providing the students a task where this was possible.

Task: For students to find objects in the classroom that they think are 10cm long. Students were able to search around the classroom and write down in their exercise books a bunch of different objects. Then they measured each object with a ruler, finding if they were correct or incorrect with their estimations.

  • To teach lessons that flow in a logical, organised, pedagogical manner.

This was easy for me to accomplish on Prac as my cooperating teacher was very helpful. She made sure I knew where the students were up to in every area I was going to be teaching. Therefore, I was able to develop lesson plans appropriate to where the class were up to.

On my prac, I did a music lesson with the kids that they absolutely LOVED. It is something they never do.. therefore adding excitement to the classroom. It was a lesson after lunch, so they were all high spirited, it couldnt have gone any better. We did a group chant that I taught them and then they made their own up - they were amaazing!

Here's the chant I taught them:

"My name is Lucy Goosy,

My feet are big and fat,

and when I walk around the park

I fall and go KESPLAT!"

This was lots of fun! - we added body percussion to add more rhythm :)

This is one of my student's chant:

" My name is Rish Rish Roogen

I like to play some games,

and when I fight the bad guys

I will win every day!" so cute!

  • To understand students individual needs and try to cater to them through different approaches to the lesson.

This was done, as I developed some lessons where students experimented with objects, other lessons where it was 'teacher focussed' and other lessons where group work was initiated.

  • To incorporate the use of technology, where the facilities are available.

Unfortunately, I hoped to have used technology more. There was no smart board in the classroom, and only one computer in the classroom which I found was mainly used for the teacher and perhaps a student who was a fast finisher. Additionally, due to renovations they did not have a computer room - and as a result I was unable to incorporate much technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment